The Department focuses its activities on the problems of synthesis, design and optimization of microelectronic circuits and systems, including micro-electro-mechanical systems (PsoC, CSoC, MEMS) with the emphasis on the following:
- advanced design and optimization methods of active analog filters;
- programmable integrated circuits (FPGA, CPLD, SPLDs, FPAA);
- Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC);
- synthesis of low-power systems;
- expert systems;
- layout design and electromagnetic compatibility of electronic systems;
- modeling of semiconductor devices;
- modeling thermoelectric characteristics of electronic devices, especially DC / DC converters.
Our work concentrates on the development of Microelectronic Systems. It is a primary specialization within the ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATIONS curriculum and an additional specialization for AUTOMATICS & ROBOTICS and INFORMATICS curricula.
The comprehensive training of our students covers the design (hardware-software) of integrated systems as well as micro- and nano-electronic components with potential applications ranging from computer networks, through wireless telecommunications equipment, to specialized coprocessors and others.
Our well-equipped laboratories support stationary and remote learning for most of the courses the in the Department's offer. A large part of our Programmable Systems Laboratory was founded by Intel Technology Poland.
Our laboratories use the latest design software from CADENCE and XILINX.
Head of Department
Piotr Płotka, PhD, DSc, prof. GUT
Faculty of ETI A, room EA 301
tel. +48 58 347 16 34
Justyna Barszcz, MSc
Faculty of ETI A, room EA 302
tel. +48 58 347 18 45